Jansen’s Aircraft Systems Controls, Inc. specializes in the design and production of high-
reliability components for pneumatic, hydraulic, and fuel systems. Since its inception in 1990,
JASC has been providing fluid control solutions and advanced products for the aircraft,
hypersonic, spacecraft and power generation industries.
Successful candidate will be responsible for the analysis and design of fluid control devices and actuation products, ideally for the aerospace industry. The successful candidate will be expected to conceive, analyze, model, and generate the required fabrication, assembly, cleaning and test documentation required to develop the product through qualification. Will be involved in test conduct and data analysis, and will be required to coordinate activities between departments. Candidate may be periodically asked to assist in proposal preparation.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer will also include maintaining and updating development schedules, participating in design and testing processes, oversee items such as first-articles as well as assembly and testing procedures.
Candidate must have a demonstrated working knowledge in the following technical areas
- Component Design using SolidWorks 3D Design Software
- Flow, Structural, and Thermal Analysis
- Finite Element Analysis Tools
- Generation of Manufacturing Drawings
- Materials Selection
- Test Methods
- Thorough knowledge of GD&T per ANSI Y14.5
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years in mechanical design & analysis, preferably in fluid components/systems
- Previous Solidworks experience is preferred
- Previous valve design experience highly desirable
- Experience with hot gas, high flow and high-pressure systems is helpful